Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Moving along.

It’s been a few days. I’ve been concentrating my efforts else where in the dating blog. Oh I’m a neglectful soul sometimes. That needs to stop that. Heavy Tuesday after a long weekend. I’m tired. I debated coming this morning since I have the three days off I took for this week but I left it for tomorrow. I have plans for that day off. I have to clean my second room which is an absolute mess right now, I will clean the rest of the house that way is set up for the whole week, and I will take care of some personal business matters. I will sleep in for a couple of hours as well.

This weekend was good. I went to Happy Hour last Friday with Catherine and Crystal then went to Mex for a while with Cat. It was that meet up group again and guess what. No one talked to us again, surprise surprise. Well actually, we met a couple of people who were very nice and chatted with us for a bit. Saturday did overtime then a quiet and lazy afternoon and evening home. Sunday I went to dinner with Vivian and then out with Cat and Morgan to some event. It’s good I was wearing a shirt I had from College since I time traveled once I stepped in the room. First, the crow was super young but before that as I paid, I was handed a red plastic up and told not to lose it because I would be using it all night…greeeeeeat.

Monday night I had a date. It was nice. It’s cool to talk to a guy who can carry a tasteful, yet interesting conversation.

Diet

I have switched stuff around in my diet. I want to avoid any sort of rut. I ate cereal in the mornings last week and had a variety of a peanut butter sandwich, eating right meal, salmon and veggies.

Once you get the hang of it, dieting is not all that hard. It’s tough when you go out for dinner. That’s the tricky part but once a week, that’s not really too bad.


Weight weight weight and money

So it seems that now I am a little more than 20 pounds away from my goal. It’s steady loss though I am only lose in small numbers but all progress is just that progress. I only went to the gym three times last week due to the weather on Tuesday. I will try to make it four on this one. Today’s workout is going to be a killer to my body.

I am praying for spring and higher temps to come our way soon. I want to walk outside.

Clothes are fitting better! I am hoping to lose enough I can go back to wearing stuff from before and that can be my new wardrobe since this money diet is cramping my spending style.

Do you realize I haven’t been to the mall in more than a month? Do you realize the last time I bought a pair of shoes was in mid December? WOW!
I have to say though, even though I am broke as daylight around 6:45 in the morning, I am feeling good at paying the bills on time and the impending payment of debts. You know there is nothing like having a plan. Thank you Angil!

Food for thought

I had an interesting conversation this week about people getting in their own way sometimes. It was about people who think they have the answer to every problem and can’t seem to make things work while other people can see the solutions so clear. Sometimes when we are in a problem we become so obfuscated that we don’t see that we’re going about the wrong way. My whole situation with finances was the prime example. I was so embarrassed and ashamed about my financial situation that I was having panic attacks and wasn’t sleeping all that well. People kept telling me you can solve this on your own and I’m imagining I could have at any other time but a month ago I was so deep in the mud mentally and even physically that I just couldn’t think. I didn’t see any way out of my problem. I couldn’t even make a simple budget plan. Many may think, damn is this chick dumb? How can you not do something so simple as to write your expenses down and manage every check around it. I just couldn’t.

Those are the moments when we have to make decisions. Mine was either keep dealing with it on my own and risking my health by making myself sick or sacrificing my pride and asking for help. I wallowed in shame but asked for help. I went to Angil and we met and she crafted this money diet and payment plan for me. It’s a tight one but I am following it and guess what? My stomach is no longer burning. I am not staying up at night screaming for my brain to shut up. I can breathe deeply without feeling like something’s sitting on my diaphragm. For that I cannot be thankful enough to all my friends who were there for me in this rough time.

You hear many clichés in life about friendship but when you’re down in the dumps and in need or in problems that you can’t see your way out of, that’s when you realize who your friends are. I want to thank the people who have helped me survive the past two months.
I'm a sap...deal with it!

No comments: