Thursday, March 6, 2008

Well...

So my 2008 list goes like this so far

/ Survive January
/ Get on a exercise and diet plan
/ Arrange payment play to control finances
/ Survive February


Let’s start with the smile worthy. I’ve lost 10 pounds!! Yes, it’s funny how you can probably gain that in a couple of weeks but it takes almost two months to lose. I’m so happy and proud of myself for it. I know it might not seem like a big accomplishment but to me it’s big. I’m fitting so well into all my size 10 clothing. (smiley) Everyone’s noticing too which is really great! Confidence boost.

It hasn’t been easy at all. I have semi taken the weekends off because I do control myself though I am able to eat out of my diet zone. I think it’s important to have good meals and treat yourself a bit. On the week it’s strict and under 1200 calories. I am logging all my weekday meals in a spreadsheet and monitoring the total of calories.

Wheat and Whole Grains have changed my life. I am still able to enjoy rice (in smaller portions) and pasta and still diet. I have switched to whole grain/wheat pasta (organic) and Brown rice. It makes so much of a difference. I am making delicious meals and yes, at the beginning you’re like what is this but once you condiment it right, you will find the delicious flavor in it. Of course, I eat these meals after going to the gym and working out for an 1/1.5 hours. So you know how hungry you feel after that….Everything tastes like Ruth Chris at that point! I have also turned to Safeway products in my dieting. Their organic line is great. They make Eating Right meals which are very good and in my opinion more tasty than Smart Ones and Lean Cuisines. I just enjoy them more. The Organic pasta sauce is very good. I still use ground beef or turkey. And don’t get me started on my lovely find of frozen veggies…The Santa Fe Mix. It contains corn, black beans, broccoli, and red peppers. Using some of these products, I even made my own version of vegetable fried rice. And I am sharing!

Ingredients
¾ cup of Santa Fe Mix
60 calories
1 cup of cooked Brown Rice (mahatma)
150 calories
Pam Spray
0 calories
Lemon (optional)
?
Olive oil (optional)
42 calories ( 1 tbsp)

Preparations:

Spread the skillet with Pam and heat. When hot add the veggies and stir fry (you can add a bit of salt to your taste). After 3 minutes, clear half the skillet and add the rice. Mix them up until everything is hot. At that point you can use the tbsp of olive oil on it and and squeeze a bit of lemon juice and stir. It goes great with fish!

Like I mentioned I’ve been hitting the gym 3-4 times a week. My goal was burning 400 calories while there but I’ve been increasing that total and now I am up to 600-630 calories per gym visit. So far so good. Not easy though. At all.

Shoe Alert

I have not bought a pair of shoes since early December. Isn’t that the saddest thing? On the other hand due to the weight loss, I have found a whole new wardrobe! You win some, you lose some. I do have a birthday coming….I sense a nice gift to myself!

Socially

I went out Friday and Saturday last weekend and had a good time both days. I went to a Dominican Celebration in DC and they had some food. Now, you all know I love my Dominican food like nothing else and the fact that someone else cooked it…oh yeah! Saturday we went to Salsa. I really had a good time there. It’s always good to let some time go by and then hit the salsa scene again. It’s much more fun that way than going every weekend.

Hanging with friends has become my thing. I had a date a couple of weeks ago but other attempts have been futile. I don’t know people. Just ain’t looking good. Then again, during the week I feel like I have no time. I go to work, hit the gym, then get home around 7. It gives me a couple of hours before sleep.

I’ve been getting to bed early for a couple of days now. It feels good not be ready to keel over in the mornings. So I might keep that up. Take advantage before baseball starts.

Speaking of…the boys of summer are approaching.

I can’t wait. This should be an exciting season of baseball. I can only hope my boys make it all the way. My Alex is looking great. I hope he has a year like 2007 but it will be hard. Those were video game numbers he was putting up and that would be hard for anyone to rival. Of course you know there will be crazy people out there expecting it though.

I can’t wait to see the standing Ovation my Andy is going to get at Yankee Stadium. It was heartbreaking hearing about him being one of the players on HGH but I think everyone understood him. He is such a beloved player that I think we easily identify and can see where he was coming from. He was trying to recuperate from an injury. When our bread and butter is threatened, sometimes we can do crazy things.

I am super excited about the kids. Hughes, Chamberlain, Kenny, my little pitching trio. I’m giddy to see them develop like I’ve seen Robbie Cano become one of the best 2nd basemen in the league. This should also be an interesting year for Melky Cabrera. Last year A-Rod took him under his wings and the difference was amazing.

The most drastic change is that on opening day, a new Joe will be there as manager. Joe Girardi. I think this will be a good change for the organization. While Joe Torre was loved, I think it was time for a change for the organization. He had become too inlove with certain players and it made me doubt his objectivity at times though you can’t argue with results. We made the playoffs every year with him here. We will see though. Go Yanks.

My shoutouts

To the little Lamb who became a little Homeowner! To V, who got an A in her class!!





No comments: