Tuesday, February 12, 2008

This ain't the CW but there's a Top Model in the House

It’s Monday (Now Tuesday) again. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Why does Monday always come so fast? It was a good weekend over all. Things got accomplished. Blah. But as always nothing in my life starts or ends without drama. It all started with Friday's Saga.

I don’t think there was a time in my life when I walked into a room and felt that I needed or had to compete with the other women there. Normally, I don’t see my female friends or other women as threats to me. I keep wondering if I lack that female competitive drive that has to do with men. On Friday Cat and I went to a meet up event. We went there in Jeans but decked out…Cause that’s what we do. All my friends are the same way. When we go somewhere we dress like we’re going to the Vanity Fair party. We can be wearing jeans but we rock it. I had not been out in almost an month and a half so you know I had to bring it. Well, the minute we walked in, the men in the room turn to look at us and you saw it in their faces (oooohhhh). The women on the other hand, took one look at us, turned away, but you can hear the echo of the words they did not dare utter: Who invited these bitches?

At first I thought it was my imagination…no Bump that. It was me like always doubting what my gut reaction tells me about people. So most of them are sitting on a huge table where there was no room for us and we sit on a table by ourselves with one of Cat’s friends. We chatted for a bit and a guy came over and we got introduced and he stood there talking to us about politics and mundane stuff. At one point he abruptly says he has to go and you see his girlfriend call him over there. He never said another word to us. Then they all stood up and left and went to another bar without saying a thing to us. Well, we knew where they were going and headed there. They still said nothing to us.

I don’t get it. What is it about other women that is such a threat to us? We all heard stories of women who hang out with less attractive friends so they can look better. Or the infamous one about someone who compares herself to her other female friends and what they have then must go out and try to top it. I think the funniest one was a member of a sorority telling someone, I think I have the best body out of all the sisters. Oh and let’s not forget the brides who put the bridesmaids in the most hideous outfits so they cannot be outshined.

But I have to tell you, had it not been because we had to go somewhere else, the bitch in me would have gone up and talked to her boyfriend right in her face for a bit. All done with a super friendly smile on my face. I was already thinking about it.. I won’t disrespect another woman but if you’re acting like a veritable ass, I am all for making your life miserable. I am tired of women hatin on other women. It’s nauseating. It’s come to the point where we can no longer enjoy friendships because of it.

The other thing to that is…stop downing yourself. Everyone has their own attributes. By acting so insecure, you’re giving the other women all the power over you. However, in our case those sheisty heifers, they seem to be bound by the juice. You know the hater-rade.

Top Model Moment

So, Bree is a make up artist and she told me about a week ago about a photographer she is working with and both are trying to beef up their portfolios. They were looking for subjects to pose for them. That turned into --->




Weight Management

Well…I don’t think I lost anymore weight. Still at 159. My clothes look a lot better. The thing about me is that weight loss comes way after. You can first see it on my body. I don’t know why. I am changing the food patterns a bit to avoid the rut. For example today I had cereal for breakfast, salmon and veggies for lunch, and I will have Brown rice, Mongolian beef, and veggies for dinner. I’ve begun to realize that I need to add more snacks to my daily diet. Or divide my meals. I have been too hungry. I might do apples or Oranges.

I have also decided to give Crystal light a rest and go for teas again. This week is Oolong. Drinking 24 ounces a day. I also started a whole body cleansing process. This is something that has worked very well for me in the past.

Yesterday I had no desire to go to the gym but I went and made myself work out. Today though tired, I will go again. I need to do my 4 days.

My Cousin

Still no news

Financial

This is a tough plan, Angil has crafted for me. I have never felt so constricted about my spending. Everytime I have to think about dropping 5 or 10 dollars on something, it kills me. This is something I am used to do mindlessly. If I see something I want, buy it. After all it’s only a few bucks. Now I have to budget food, trinkets, ew.

Catching up with the friends I don't often see but saw this week…HINT HINT HINT

-The little Lamb is going to be homeowner by the end of the month!! CONGRATS!
-Jennifer looks amazing!
-Vivian is rocking the Power money woman/Hillary Clinton/Maxine Waters hair.

I’m out my good people. Before I go, I wanted to ask you something. If you meet a tall, sexy, educated, employed, funny, romantic man who likes sports, don’t be selfish, pass on my number and show him one of my top model pics. It’s what a true friend would do. HA!

1 comment:

CC Solomon said...

They have anohter event this friday at Mex and I'm tempted to go and piss em off again! Haters!