Wednesday, January 30, 2008

We back to this




THE JINTS ARE IN THE SUPER BOWL! Go Eli! My little man has grown up. Go Plax! Go Straham! GO GIANTS!

So it’s been a while since I posted anything. Last time it was all about being hurt. 2008 is my year to work on me. Like a good baseball team that’s not

doing so well, I have decided to take this year to retool and rebuild from within in order to stay competitive in the years to come. As you all know this is physically, emotionally, and financially. I am still working on surviving January financially. I won’t lie to you, it has been a rough month. It’s found me with some panic attacks and scared over what the future entails for me financially. That’s why my first goal was to rebuild myself and and restructure the ways I spend my money. I need to build up savings, repair credit, and catch up on bills.

In the emotional part, as many of you know, one of my cousins is missing. He went fishing with a buddy and according to the friend the boat started to catch water and the motor fell off. This guy says my cousin jumped off the boat even though he begged him and tried to stop him. He has been missing for almost three weeks now. The search has been on and nothing so far. I have taken to a period of mourning until we find out what happened to him. We were very close even though we had not seen each other in years. When I was younger we used to walk to school together and we fought and argued like crazy. LOL. Life is too short and precious and those moments seem like yesterday.

My second goal for the year comes in the physical department. While I am not obese, I must adopt healthier habits. Also, I know that I do not feel well when I am overweight so I have decided to tackle that as well. I have been going to the gym for the past three weeks. Some times I’ve gone 3 days, sometimes 2. I am beginning to try to discipline my body to go at least 3 times, preferably 4, and optimally 5. I want to make exercise part of my daily life from now on. Sometimes I’ve gone and taken a class but mostly I hop on the treadmill and I do intervals at different speeds and elevations. I think that works best. I’M EVEN SWEATING! I never sweat at the gym. I guess that’s the only good thing about not having that many good looking guys at SSA. You can go to the gym and focus on work outs. God knows I would rather concentrate on how many calories I’m burning than looking at Strom Thurman as he jogs next to me.

On that note, why do ugly men with big pipas (belly), who look like they’re 4 months pregnant insist on posting laying down pics on dating sites? I mean seriously, um, it’s not going to make anyone want to jump in with you. And if I didn’t have a hard time already getting past your badly kept face, now I have to see you laying down with some plaid boxers. I mean, I appreciate the confidence but still…

As far as eating goes, I have been mixing a few diet plans. I started doing my veggies and meat and low carb during the day but that doesn’t work with me. I even started with weight watchers but I don’t know if the point system adapts to my life style. So I have taken into combining the different styles. I am counting points during the day/calories as well and then eating a reasonable dinner at night. I have discovered brown rice and that I can survive eating only one cup of rice. Also, one of my biggest weaknesses is pasta. I have been buying wholegrain or wheat pasta. In the past few months, I’ve gotten reacquainted with vegetables mixes. I found that I really dislike cooked carrots and that’s why I was having so many problems finding mixes that I actually like. I like my carrots raw.

Another measure I have taken is to go back to the things that worked for me in 2005 when I dropped about 30 pounds. I am keeping low calories during the day, eating good wholesome meals at night, and using the weekends to reward myself but not go overboard.

Per the calorie count website, my daily calorie intake should be 1250. I’ve been beating that for the past two weeks. I am going to start telling you about this week because I don’t want to overly bore you.

Monday: Dinner was a cup of brown rice, 2/4 of veggie mix, and baked salmon teriyaki
Daily total: 965 cals
Tues: Dinner was a cup of brown rice with a cup of chicken veggie stir fry.
Daily total: 786 cals (Woohoo!)

Btw, I’ve lost 4 pounds…yeah I know…not much but still. It makes me happy.

On diverse news that have me interested, Tatyana the Tiger need not have died. Dumb taunting kids! Angelina Jolie is definitely pregnant. If you saw the SAG awards you would know why I say that. Brad even scruffy as he was Sunday is super hot.

Sports: 15 days till pitchers and catchers report. Yankees have my man again for another 10 years. LET’S GO YANKS.

Dominican Republic has two teams going to the Caribbean World Series. One of them is my team Licey and the other is the Aguilas. As long as one of them wins, I am happy but I am rooting Licey.

R.I.P Heath Ledger.

No comments: